[O] archive subtree with complete structure

From: Julien Cubizolles
Subject: [O] archive subtree with complete structure
Date: Mon, 06 Oct 2014 07:38:30 +0200

Can org-archive-subtree be made to archive the whole parent structure
along with the subtree selected ?

I'm using an the same org file every year and I'd like to archive some
of its contents at the end of the year. Something like:

Master file:
archive subtree with complete structure

Date: Mon, 06 Oct 2014 07:31:05 +0200
--text follows this line--
Can org-archive-subtree be made to archive the whole parent structure
along with the subtree selected ?

I'm using an the same org file every year and I'd like to archive some
of its contents at the end of the year. Something like:

master.org:
#+ARCHIVE: %s_2013-2014::
* Planning
** Yearly
** Monthly

I'd like calling org-archive-subtree from Monthly to create the
following file:

master_2013-2014.org
* Planning
** Monthly