Re: [O] Help on org-export-filter-link-functions

From: John Kitchin
Subject: Re: [O] Help on org-export-filter-link-functions
Date: Sun, 05 Oct 2014 09:11:12 -0400

Rasmus <address@hidden> writes:

hmmm... the sometimes makes me nervous. I found even for links, this
only works sometimes. That doesn't seem reliable to me.

I think extending existing backends
(e.g. http://orgmode.org/manual/Advanced-configuration.html) is probably
more reliable for getting element properties, and approximately the same
amount of work.

I guess it just depends on how significantly you are modifying the
export, and what information you need to modify it. Filters are great
for simple wrapping and regexp based modifications. A derived backend is
better if you need reliable element properties, and a different format
than the default export.

--
John Kitchin