Re: [O] Help exporting to-do list as LaTeX/PDF

From: Richard Lawrence
Subject: Re: [O] Help exporting to-do list as LaTeX/PDF
Date: Sat, 04 Oct 2014 09:01:13 -0700

Hi Andreas,

Andreas Yankopolus <address@hidden> writes:
> kpathsea: Running mktexpk --mfmode / --bdpi 600 --mag 1+0/600 --dpi 600
> ecbx1200
>
> kpathsea: Running mktexfmt mf.base
> mktexpk: Mismatched mode ljfour and resolution 600; ignoring mode.
> mktexpk: Running mf-nowin -progname=mf \mode:=ljfour; mag:=1+0/600;
> nonstopmode; input ecbx1200
> This is METAFONT, Version 2.718281 (Web2C 2013)
>
> kpathsea: Running mktexfmt mf.base
> I can't find the base file `mf.base'!

> It took a while to get to this point, and I had to install a number of
> font packages from the pkgsrc tex-* collection. I do have tex-ec-1.0
> and tex-eco-1.3 installed. But it seems like the problem is more with
> metafont, which is completely beyond me.

Yeah, this looks to me like your setup is attempting to load (or build??) a
font as part of the compilation process.  As far as I know, that is not
something that should be required when compiling an Org document
exported to LaTeX with the default options.

What are the values of your

org-latex-default-packages-alist
org-latex-packages-alist
org-latex-pdf-process

variables?  And what does the header of the exported .tex file look
like?

I guess the way to debug this is to remove the packages that are loaded
in the exported .tex file, one at a time, until you discover the one
that is at fault here.  (If it's not some particular package, but
rather TeX/LaTeX itself that's trying to use METAFONT, I think you're in
deeper waters...)

Best,
Richard