Re: [O] Multi-file and master files

From: Phillip Lord
Subject: Re: [O] Multi-file and master files
Date: Wed, 01 Oct 2014 12:57:39 +0100

Rasmus <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi Phillip,
>
> address@hidden (Phillip Lord) writes:
>
> I might be misunderstanding your question here, so bear(?) with me.
>
> I think #+INCLUDE: "$FILE" should take care of what you want.
> Basically, at export time, INCLUDE is expanded to the content of $FILE
> in the buffer.  Footnotes should work.

So

master.org
  include  file1.org
  include  file2.org

Now, in file1.org add a footnote gets --

 [fn:1]

* Footnote

[fn:1] Footnote one

In file2.org add a footnote gets

 [fn:1]

* Foonote
 [fn:1] Footnote two

And footnote two gets lost.

I have a similar problem with hyperlinks. The normal store link
remembers the input.org file that the link is too. So, if in the
example, above I like between file2.org and file1.org using the Store
Link menu item, the HTML is wrong (since there is no file2.html
generated).

With latex and reftex, to put in a crossref, reftex knows about the
document structure and puts the hyperlink in as an internal reference,
since it will be internal when generated.

Phil