Re: [O] Improved way to include some headlines from an external org file

From: Xavier Garrido
Subject: Re: [O] Improved way to include some headlines from an external org file
Date: Wed, 01 Oct 2014 07:29:21 +0200

Hi Rasmus,

Le 01/10/2014 01:10, Rasmus a écrit :
Hi Xavier,

You could test the patch here:

     http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/91307

I am following the discussion since the beginning (and all your exchange with Nicolas)

I think it introduces something close to what you are looking for.

This is exactly what I needed and I will try to test it today.

#+BEGIN_SRC org
#+INCLUDE: "./base.org" :headline "First base chapter"
,* A more personal chapter
#+INCLUDE: "./base.org" :headline "Second base chapter"
,* Another personal chapter
#+END_SRC

You'd be able to do

* first chapter
   Note how we're renaming /first base chapter/ on the fly.
* In this book /first base chapter/ is my second chapter
#+INCLUDE: "./base.org::*First base chapter" :only-contents t

Of course, you can also include other named objects such as tables and
probably code blocks.

Reading the discussion, I didn't get this last feature of including named code blocks and tables ! I have another use case that can benefit from this patch. So thanks a lot for all the hard work.

Cheers,
Xavier

—Rasmus