Re: [O] Babel evaluation of Calc block not working, bug in Calc?

From: Andrea Rossetti
Subject: Re: [O] Babel evaluation of Calc block not working, bug in Calc?
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2014 01:56:16 +0200

address@hidden (H. Dieter Wilhelm) writes:
> But now we are getting: byte-code: Symbol's function definition is void:
> v!
>
> #+BEGIN_SRC calc :var v=3
> v + 4
> #+END_SRC

Hello Dieter, I think I got it!

1) I see the same error message as you see, for variables with
name "v" or "var"

2) diagnosys: I see that Calc tries to avoid name collisions by
adding a "var-" prefix to variable names, and by removing it when
it needs to. (see code in functions "calc-read-var-name" and
"calc-var-name")

3) temporary workaround: try to change ":var v=3" into ":var var-v=3",
it works for me, does it work for you too?

4) proposed correction (untested, and makes sense only if workaround
actually works): in ob-calc.el, function org-babel-execute:calc,
the invocation of "calc-store-into" could prepend 'var- to its argument

5) warning: if one applies correction 4), then workaround 3) doesn't
work anymore

  Hope it helps and makes sense for you too, kindest regards.

 Andrea