Re: [O] Bug: aborting capture to new file leaves 1-byte file behind [8.2

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] Bug: aborting capture to new file leaves 1-byte file behind [8.2.7c]
Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2014 00:11:46 +0200

Hello,

Ben Winslow <address@hidden> writes:

> I'm using a capture template to create a new file (via read-file-name)
> with some pre-filled #+STARTUP options.  I'm using immediate-finish,
> but while I was setting it up I noticed that captures to a new file
> will leave behind a 1-byte file (containing a newline) if aborted with
> org-capture-kill.
>
> To replicate, just add a new capture template pointing to
> a non-existent file, start capturing to it, then abort.

Thanks for you report. I can reproduce it, but I hardly consider it as
a bug.

Since your template is meant to populate the file, it is expected to be
created at some point anyway.

Note that it can contain more than a newline if you call, for example,
`time-stamp' from `before-save-hook'.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou