[O] How to re-bind C-,?

From: Grant Rettke
Subject: [O] How to re-bind C-,?
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2014 12:07:59 -0500

Good afternoon,

╭────
│ (print emacs-version)
│ (print org-version)
╰────

╭────
│ "24.3.1"
│
│ "8.2.7c"
╰────

My goal was to set a new keybinding for two keys like this:

╭────
│ (local-set-key (kbd "C-,") (lambda () (interactive) (insert " \\larr ")))
│ (local-set-key (kbd "C-.") (lambda () (interactive) (insert " \\rarr ")))
╰────

The second works fine. The first does not; it stays bound to
`org-cycle-agenda-files' instead. Trying to remove it first and the bind
it I did:

╭────
│ (local-unset-key (kbd "C-,"))
│ (local-set-key (kbd "C-,") (lambda () (interactive) (insert " \\larr ")))
╰────

With no effect. That got me wondering if the binding occurred to
`org-cycle-agenda-files' /after/ mine. I don't think it that is possible
or likely because I do not customize agenda at all either via the UI or
Lisp.

Not sure if I am facing a Lisp thing or where to start.

What do you folks think I ought to do here?

Kind regards,

--
Grant Rettke
address@hidden | http://www.wisdomandwonder.com/