Re: [O] Bug: Export to html inserts strange unicode characters at line b

From: Thorsten Jolitz
Subject: Re: [O] Bug: Export to html inserts strange unicode characters at line breaks because of fci-mode [8.2.7c (8.2.7c-64-g01f736-elpa @ /home/kmodi/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140915/)]
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2014 02:50:19 +0200

Grant Rettke <address@hidden> writes:

> Yes. I faced the issue here:
>
> https://github.com/alpaker/Fill-Column-Indicator/issues/45

I don't use fci-mode, but have a long-standing problem with underscores
_ that once in a while appear almost randomly in html output that is
returned when calling emacsclient on the command-line (to export an org
file).

This is really annoying, but also really hard to hunt down. There is
nothing in the exported Org buffer that seems to cause this underscore,
at least I see nothing special in the place where it appears, not even
with whitespace-mode on.

Could it be related to Org's export? Or rather to emacsclient first
converting whitespace to _ underscores and then underscores to
whitespace again ... and maybe missing an underscore sometimes (if I
understand the C sources correctly)?

I think I asked about this problem at least 2 times already (on Emacs
help too), but it seems nobody knows what this might be about. Maybe
related to the topic of this thread?

--
cheers,
Thorsten