Re: [O] filter for src-block export question

From: John Kitchin
Subject: Re: [O] filter for src-block export question
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2014 17:11:38 -0400

To followup on this, I believe there is either a bug or an inconsistency
in the export engine with regards to getting the parameters of a
src-block. Below, I show why it appears there is a bug.

* Bug report for org-mode

Here is a named table
#+tblname: tbl-data
| x | y |
|---+---|
| 1 | 1 |
| 2 | 4 |
| 3 | 9 |

Here is a named src-block with a defined var
#+name: print-table
#+BEGIN_SRC python :var data=tbl-data :results value
return data
#+END_SRC

#+RESULTS: print-table
| 1 | 1 |
| 2 | 4 |
| 3 | 9 |

Now, we illustrate that the src-block does have :parameters.
#+name: get-properties
#+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp
(save-excursion
(re-search-backward "#\\+name: print-table")
(org-element-property :parameters (org-element-at-point)))
#+END_SRC

#+RESULTS: get-properties
: :var data=tbl-data :results value

In the export machinery, though it appears the src-block does not.

#+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp :results output
(defun my-src-block (src-block contents info)

  (princ (concat
          (format "[language: %s]\n" (org-element-property :language src-block))
          (format "name: %s\n" (org-element-property :name src-block))
          (format "parameters: %s\n\n" (org-element-property :parameters
src-block))))
    (org-export-format-code-default src-block info))

(org-export-define-derived-backend 'my-html 'html
  :translate-alist '((src-block . my-src-block)))

(org-export-to-file 'my-html "custom-src-table-export.html")
#+END_SRC
#+RESULTS:
#+begin_example
[language: python]
name: print-table
parameters: nil

[language: emacs-lisp]
name: get-properties
parameters: nil

[language: emacs-lisp]
name: nil
parameters: nil

#+end_example

You can see the parameters are nil in each case, even though we know the
print-table block does have parameters.

I do not know where the parameters get lost, so I am reporting the issue here.

--
John Kitchin