Re: [O] header arguments, inheritance, and noweb expansion Was: «Macro»

From: Charles Berry
Subject: Re: [O] header arguments, inheritance, and noweb expansion Was: «Macro» expansion in source blocks; code-sharing between blocks
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2014 16:06:22 +0000 (UTC)

Andreas Kiermeier <andreas.kiermeier <at> gmail.com> writes:

> On 19 September 2014 20:29, Rainer M Krug <Rainer <at> krugs.de> wrote:>

[ snip ]

> The alternative mentioned by Chuck Berry is the xtable function (in R)
> (https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2014-09/msg00519.html).
> I just tried it and am happy to share that it does created the whole
> output in one go, i.e. it does exactly what I need, including table
> float, caption and label. Now I just got to sort out how to created the
> tables without the use of tabular ...

I suggested xtable because that is what I often use.

But thinking a bit more, I decided to look at tables::tabular() and
at Hmisc::latex(), which I think is what you used at first.

And it turns out that latex() has args for caption, label, where, and
loads of other things. See its help page. So, it looks like you have the
control you need and the ability to use

  latex( tabular(...), caption = <...>, label = <...>, ...)

to good effect.

HTH,

Chuck