Re: [O] Creating new org headers from code blocks

From: Rainer M Krug
Subject: Re: [O] Creating new org headers from code blocks
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2014 14:15:13 +0200

Thorsten Jolitz <address@hidden> writes:

> Rainer M Krug <address@hidden> writes:
>
> Hi,
>
>> I have some R code which generates several graphics. I would now like to
>> generate in R text which is then interpreted by org, upon export, as
>> normal org code. Furthermore, I would like to create new org headers from
>> the R code. Imagine I have the R code block below. Executed, I get the
>> results below:

>> * Some code block
>> #+begin_src R :results raw :wrap :exports both
>> c("** New header", "[[./graph1.pdf]]", "", "** and second header", "and some
>> text" )
>> #+end_src
>>
>> #+RESULTS:
>> #+BEGIN_RESULTS
>> ,** New header
>> [[./graph1.pdf]]
>>
>> ,** and second header
>> and some text
>> #+END_RESULTS
>>
>> I can leave the :wrap, but then the results are not overwritten, but
>> appended - otherwise it works as expected.
>>
>> How can I achieve that I get
>>
>> ,----
>> | ** New header
>> | [[./graph1.pdf]]
>> |
>> | ** and second header
>> | and some text
>> `----
>>
>> in the org file, but also that the result gets overwritten upon repeated
>> execution?
>
> I asked about this ':results raw' limitation before and was told to RTFM
> ;)
>
> (although its not really on the page where I would look for it:
> http://orgmode.org/manual/results.html).

Thanks for pointing me to RTFM - there I found "drawer" and

,----
| #+begin_src R :results  raw drawer
| c("*** Mean", "[[file:./netimpacts_mean.pdf]]","", "***
Mode","[[file:./netimpacts_mode.pdf]]")
| #+end_src
`----

results in

,----
| #+RESULTS:
| :RESULTS:
| *** Mean
| [[file:./netimpacts_mean.pdf]]
|
| *** Mode
| [[file:./netimpacts_mode.pdf]]
| :END:
`----

which is nicely highlighted as headers, exported as headers and
replaced.

Perfect.

I don't quite understand your code below and what it is supposed to do.

Thanks,

Rainer

--
Rainer M. Krug