Re: [O] «Macro» expansion in source blocks; code-sharing between blocks

From: Andreas Kiermeier
Subject: Re: [O] «Macro» expansion in source blocks; code-sharing between blocks
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2014 19:48:28 +0930

Hi Chuck

On 19 September 2014 12:29, Charles Berry <address@hidden> wrote:

> Why not use library(xtable) and do it all in R?
>
> If you are not sure this is the right choice, I suggest you look at the
> help page for print.xtable - you have a lot of control over caption,
> label, positioning, etc.

I was trying to do that with "latex(tabular( ...))" though I can see
that I can wrap the table in a floating table environment with xtable.

In fact, I did look at xtable before settling on the above approach,
which I did because tabular does create some nice tables, including
multiple levels and totals. I was trying to avoid R's simple "table" &
prop table functions and having to construct the table and various
headings myself before wrapping it up in xtable(). But maybe that's
the way to go.

Thanks,

Andreas