Re: [O] Changed behaviours of LaTeX exporter in version 8.0+

From: Kyeong Soo (Joseph) Kim
Subject: Re: [O] Changed behaviours of LaTeX exporter in version 8.0+
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2014 15:07:36 +0800

Nicolas and All,

One further question regarding your suggestion of the use of filter for special blocks in export:

I just found out that, if I close Emacs and relaunch it, all variables for filter (i.e., 'org-export-filter-*') are not defined. As a result, the following elisp codes for the workaround based on both your suggestion and the filter example in the manual causes void variable error (i.e., "Symbol's value as variable is void: org-export-filter-special-block-function"):

;; workaround solution (until 8.3.0) for case-sensitve handling of special-block for IEEE LaTeX class
(defun my-latex-filter-ieeekeywords (text backend info)
  "Upcase 'IEEE' in IEEEkeywords environment in LaTeX export."
  (when (org-export-derived-backend-p backend 'latex)
(replace-regexp-in-string "ieeekeywords" "IEEEkeywords" text)))

(add-to-list 'org-export-filter-special-block-functions
'my-latex-filter-ieeekeywords)

It turns out that those variables are defined only after exporting org file into LaTeX.

Again, any advice on propor addition of custom filter functions in the configuration file would be greatly appreciated; maybe the said example in the manual needs to be updated as well.

Regards,
Joseph