Re: [O] Emacs server and org-protocol

From: Rainer M Krug
Subject: Re: [O] Emacs server and org-protocol
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2014 16:03:16 +0200

Stefan Huchler <address@hidden> writes:

> I dont really get what the problem is here, email servers checkup is

Not necessarily - depends which mail server (e.g. gmail or local), if
you have one or many folders / tags, your network connection, ...

Often used solution:

mail server (e.g. gmail) <- offlineimap -> local imap server <- gnus ->
the user

So offlineimap runs in the background and the local email server check
is fast enough.

I have two instances running, because of longer calculation in my second
(non-email) emacs instance...

Cheers,

Rainer

--