Re: [O] TODO items in lists (not headings)

From: Gary Oberbrunner
Subject: Re: [O] TODO items in lists (not headings)
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2014 08:45:16 -0400

On Tue, Sep 16, 2014 at 11:48 PM, Thomas S. Dye <address@hidden> wrote:
Aloha Gary,

Gary Oberbrunner <address@hidden> writes:

> Gary:
>   My reason for not using TODO is just that it'd be ugly and confusing to
> put a heading in the middle of a list.
>
>   Compare this:
> * Meeting report
> ** Meeting 1
>   - a thing that happened
>   - another thing that happened
>   - TODO: email everyone about all the things
>   - some more things that happened
>
>   to this:
> * Meeting report
> ** Meeting 1
>   - a thing that happened
>   - another thing that happened
> ***TODO: email everyone about all the things
>   - some more things that happened

One solution is to use a capture template for TODO items and then refile
them.  I picked this up from Bernt Hansen and like it a lot:

http://doc.norang.ca/org-mode.html#Capture

Wow, that guy is serious!  I don't think his setup solves what I'm looking for, but there is so much great stuff in there it'll take me weeks to check it all out.

--
Gary