Re: [O] Selected export depending on back-end

From: James Harkins
Subject: Re: [O] Selected export depending on back-end
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2014 01:49:44 +0000 (UTC)

Lars Tveito <larstvei <at> ifi.uio.no> writes:

> I am writing a compendium in org, and want to be able to generate slides
> from the same org file.
>
> I'd like to be able to mark some sections for exporting if I'm
> generating slides, and for other formats (like LaTeX and HTML) export
> everything as normal. It would also be nice if I could change the
> #+OPTIONS according to what I'm exporting to.

This worg page doesn't cover exactly the same requirements, but it's closely
related. Perhaps some of it might give you some hints.

http://orgmode.org/worg/exporters/beamer/beamer-dual-format.html

It doesn't go as far as selecting subtrees independently depending on backend.
It does show how to include text in the article layout that is omitted from
the slideshow layout.

A caveat (in general, not only for my approach): the Beamer exporter uses org
markup somewhat differently from the "normal" LaTeX exporter. I'd be surprised
(or impressed!) if you found a way to use the same markup for both the LaTeX
and Beamer exporters. Very simple markup may be OK; anything complicated may
be rough.

hjh