Re: [O] key-binding for all plotting styles

From: Thierry Banel
Subject: Re: [O] key-binding for all plotting styles
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2014 19:06:49 +0200

Le 08/09/2014 18:30, Nicolas Goaziou a écrit :

> It is better than C-c p, but I think a common prefix for plotting table
> would be better. You need to also tell org.texi about this change.

A common prefix for plotting is a good idea. Which common prefix?
C-c #    (should be shared with `org-update-statistics-cookies')
C-c :    (should be shared with `org-toggle-fixed-width')
C-c "    (currently unused)
C-c |    (currently does weird things within a table)

So for instance we could have the following (extensible) key-bindings:
C-c " a   insert an ascii plot column
C-c " g   insert a #+PLOT: line and run GnuPlot
C-c " r   insert a Babel R plotting block and run it

Any thoughts, People of the List?

> Note that there is no such limitation for statistics cookies:
>
>  - My plan [1/2]
>    - [X] Step 1
>    - [ ] Step 2
>
> It is even technically possible to have one in a table.

Ok then let us forget about C-c #
I will take care of the patch as soon as there is a consensus on what to do.

Have fun
Thierry