Re: [O] Tangling from code block and header arguments WAS: Format output

From: Charles C. Berry
Subject: Re: [O] Tangling from code block and header arguments WAS: Format output of org-babel-tangle for exported file
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2014 09:56:09 -0700

On Wed, 3 Sep 2014, Rainer M Krug wrote:

Charles Berry <address@hidden> writes:

Rainer M Krug <Rainer <at> krugs.de> writes:

Hi

I am calling (org-bable-tangle) in a code block in an org file and I
would show the files resulting from the tangling in a nice format.

[original question nd answer deleted]

Thanks - this looks promising.

But I now have another problem: The result of tangling from a code block
is different then when calling interactively.

Consider the following org file:

#+PROPERTY: header-args :tangle no

* DESCRIPTION File
:PROPERTIES:
:header-args+: :tangle ./DESCRIPTION
:END:

#+begin_src RDescr
test
#+end_src

* And the tangling
#+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp :results value
(mapconcat (lambda (x) (file-relative-name x "..")) (org-babel-tangle) "\n")
#+END_SRC

#+RESULTS:

When tangling interactively, the file DESCRIPTION is tangled properly.
But when I call (org-babel-tangle) from the code block, nothing is
tangled because in this case, the property =tangle= is equal to =no=
based on the file wide property setting in the beginning.

Is this a bug or is it simply not possible to tangle from a code block?

I think this is a bug.

Here is an ECM to demo it.

Note that the :tangle header arg for the 'Descr' src block is correctly rendered from the DESCRIPTION subtree, but not from the 'new heading' subtree.

#+PROPERTY: header-args :tangle no

* DESCRIPTION File
:PROPERTIES:
:header-args: :tangle ./DESCRIPTION
:END:

#+NAME: Descr
#+begin_src RDescr
test
#+end_src

#+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp :results pp
  (save-excursion
    (org-babel-goto-named-src-block "Descr")
    (assoc :tangle (nth 2 (org-babel-get-src-block-info))))
#+END_SRC

#+RESULTS:
: (:tangle . "./DESCRIPTION")

* new heading

#+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp :results pp
  (save-excursion
    (org-babel-goto-named-src-block "Descr")
    (assoc :tangle (nth 2 (org-babel-get-src-block-info))))
#+END_SRC

#+RESULTS:
: (:tangle . "no")

HTH,