Re: [O] Marking items done in the past

From: Jorge A. Alfaro-Murillo
Subject: Re: [O] Marking items done in the past
Date: Tue, 02 Sep 2014 19:11:58 -0400

Fletcher Charest writes:
Have you made any progress? I am also interested.

Me too.

On 18 August 2014 02:52, Noah Slater <address@hidden> wrote:
I have a number of habits set up that I regularly fill in the day after the activity was done. Is there a way to mark an item as done (in a way that hooks into the habits stuff) but for a day in the past? So instead of doing C-c C-t d (I have "d" set up as "DONE") I could get a prompt which asked me for a date.

Changing the LOGBOOK, and LAST_REPEAT would not be that difficult, since you could use something like:

#+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp
(org-entry-put nil "LAST_REPEAT" (concat "[" (org-read-date) "]")) #+END_SRC

But changing the SCHEDULED and the 'State "DONE" from "TODO"' part would be more complicated. For example I think one would need to modify the function org-auto-repeat-maybe to be able to ask for a time. Checking at the code of this function the SCHEDULED part doesn't look that complicated, but I couldn't understand what produces the 'State "DONE" from "TODO"'

Does any of the org-gurus have an idea?

Best,

--
Jorge.