Re: [O] Babel more verbose?

From: John Kitchin
Subject: Re: [O] Babel more verbose?
Date: Tue, 02 Sep 2014 10:15:22 -0400

Try this:

#+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp
(defadvice org-babel-execute-src-block (around progress nil activate)
  "create a buffer indicating what is running"
  (let ((code-block (org-element-property :name (org-element-at-point)))
        (cb (current-buffer)))
    (split-window-below)
    (other-window 1)
    (switch-to-buffer "*My Babel*")
    (insert (format "Running %s" code-block))
    (other-window 1)
    ad-do-it
    (kill-buffer "*My Babel*")
    (delete-other-windows)))
#+END_SRC

It will mess with your windows a bit, but it does what you want I think.

--
John Kitchin