[O] Code to convert lists etc. to HTML for org-mode export filter?

From: Felix Natter
Subject: [O] Code to convert lists etc. to HTML for org-mode export filter?
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2014 11:22:02 +0200

hi,

I am working on org-freeplane.el, a fork of org-freemind.el [1].

[1] FreeMind and Freeplane are mind mapping programs and can thus
be used to organize tree-structured information like org-mode does.
Freeplane is a FreeMind fork, org-freeplane.el was necessary because
users want to use the features of Freeplane.

Can someone please point me to the code for converting node text to
HTML in org-mode?
The following code:

* item1
- one
- two
- three

should result in a mind map node with content:

item1
<ul>
  <li>one</li>
  <li>two</li>
  <li>three</li>
</ul>

(of course there are more complex examples, like nested lists etc.)

Is there common code for exporting to HTML (3.2 in my case)?
Shall I import org-html.el in org-freeplane.el and use code from that?
(I think that wouldn't be trivial because 'org-export-as-html'
does a lot of stuff that I may not require/allow like running hooks...)

Thanks and Best Regards,
--
Felix Natter