Re: [O] accessing properties in org-element-parse-buffer tree

From: Thorsten Jolitz
Subject: Re: [O] accessing properties in org-element-parse-buffer tree
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2014 00:10:16 +0200

Eike <address@hidden> writes:

> Thanks a lot for the examples, they are very helpful! I first thought to
> parse the org buffer and then work with the resulting tree.

Thats the obvious thing to do in this case, and you can do everything
you want this way, but there are some alternatives too.

> But your examples now makes me think to work directly on the
> buffer. Well, I will play with a few different ways now…

I wrote 'org-dp-filter-node-props' based on 'org-dp-contents', so only
the property-drawer of the current entry is parsed and its content (the
node-properties) filtered. This is meant mostly for local usage (in
contrast to the global parse-tree), but can be used as function argument
for org-map-entries too.

The big advantage is that it becomes really easy to filter out all the
system properties, or all properties that do not belong to a specific
application. I use it quite often now because I like the database
functionality of Org properties.

--
cheers,
Thorsten