Re: [O] [BUG] Export option ^:{} does not work inside tags

From: Thorsten Jolitz
Subject: Re: [O] [BUG] Export option ^:{} does not work inside tags
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2014 02:05:40 +0200

> Hello,
>
> Thorsten Jolitz <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> when exporting this to latex/pdf
>>
>> ,----
>> | * ORG SCRATCH :foo_bar:
>> | Hallo_World
>> `----
>>
>> it translates to this
>>
>> ,----
>> | % Created 2014-08-25 Mo 02:23
>> | \documentclass[11pt]{article}
>> | [...]
>> | \section{ORG SCRATCH\hfill{}\textsc{foo_bar}}
>> | \label{sec-1}
>> | Hallo\_World
>> | % Emacs 24.3.1 (Org mode 8.3beta)
>> | \end{document}
>> `----
>>
>> where the '_' in tag 'foo_bar' is interpreted as subscript, not as
>> literal
>> underscore (look at the produced pdf), while content 'Hallo_World' is
>> treated as expected.
>
> Tags are not parsed. As such, they cannot contain a sub/superscript
> object, and "^" option item has no influence on the way they are
> translated.
>
> Nevertheless, as you noticed, "_" should be always escaped. I fixed it
> in master (as the fix introduces some incompatible changes). Thank you
> for reporting it.

hmm, I updated (make update) after your fix, and I do see your commit in
the git history:

,----
| 2f359a6 * | ox-latex: Protect special characters in tags
`----

#+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp
 (call-interactively 'org-version)
#+END_SRC

#+results:
: Org-mode version 8.3beta (release_8.3beta-265-g7cf7e4 @
/usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/lisp/)

but I still see the very same problem, in my real world use case as
well as in the MWE.

Maybe not yet fixed?

--
cheers,