Re: [O] Custom environment for LaTeX export

From: Julien Cubizolles
Subject: Re: [O] Custom environment for LaTeX export
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2014 18:53:00 +0200

Sebastien Vauban <address@hidden>
writes:

> Julien Cubizolles wrote:
>> I need to export the same org file to both LaTeX and beamer, and I'd
>> like the headings that are exported to the "block" environment in beamer
>> to be exported to another environment in LaTeX (named
>> "consequence"). The LaTeX export engine allows one to specify any
>> environment but it doesn't suit my needs. Consider the following heading:
>>
>> **** Puissance des force de Laplace sur un moment magnétique      :eleves:
>> #+ATTR_LATEX: :options [Puissance des force de Laplace sur un moment
>> magnétique]
>> #+BEGIN_consequence
>> La puissance des forces de Laplace subies par un moment magnétique
>> plongé dans un champ magnétique et en rotation autour d'un axe
>> \(\Delta\) est:
>> #+BEGIN_LaTeX
>> \begin{equation*}
>> - m_\perp B_\perp \sin(\theta) \dot{\theta}.
>> \end{equation*}
>> #+END_LaTeX
>>
>> #+END_consequence
>>
>> If I export it to beamer, I get
>>
>> \begin{frame}[label=sec-1-1-1]{Puissance des forces de Laplace}
>> \begin{block}<address@hidden>{Puissance des force de Laplace sur un moment
>> magnétique}
>> \begin{consequence}[Puissance des force de Laplace sur un moment magnétique]
>> La puissance des forces de Laplace subies par un moment magnétique
>> plongé dans un champ magnétique et en rotation autour d'un axe
>> \(\Delta\) est:
>> \begin{equation*}
>> - m_\perp B_\perp \sin(\theta) \dot{\theta}.
>> \end{equation*}
>> \end{consequence}
>> \end{block}
>> \end{frame}
>>
>> but I just want the \begin{block}..., not the \begin{consequence}...
>
> Throwing an idea here: make the `consequence' environment be a no-op in
> Beamer?

I think I now see how to do it, thanks.

>> If I export to LaTeX, I get:
>>
>> \begin{enumerate}
>> \item Puissance des force de Laplace sur un moment magnétique
>> \label{sec-1-1-1-1}
>> \begin{consequence}[Puissance des force de Laplace sur un moment magnétique]
>> La puissance des forces de Laplace subies par un moment magnétique
>> plongé dans un champ magnétique et en rotation autour d'un axe
>> \(\Delta\) est:
>> \begin{equation*}
>> - m_\perp B_\perp \sin(\theta) \dot{\theta}.
>> \end{equation*}
>> \end{consequence}
>> \end{enumerate}
>>
>> but I don't want the \item Puissance..., only the
>> \begin{consequence}[...

This part this to be more difficult and I'm now thinking about another
way around. In LaTeX export, headings with a level greater than
org-export-headline-levels are exported to enumerate items (according to
the doc you can choose to use itemize items, but I couldn't find
how). A solution to my problem would be to allow the user to choose to
wrap the text of these headings, the way the export to beamer does with
block environments.

Julien.