Re: [O] is it possible to export a list of custom blocks?

From: Thorsten Jolitz
Subject: Re: [O] is it possible to export a list of custom blocks?
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2014 20:49:12 +0200

"Stephen J. Barr" <address@hidden> writes:

> I have a document that has a lot of definitions defined as custom
> blocks, eg.
>
>     #+LABEL: defn:my-great-definition
>     #+ATTR_LATEX: :options [My Great Definition]
>     #+begin_definition
>     Blah blah.....
>     #+end_definition
>

> Would it be possible to export to .tex a file that has all of the
> definitions in sequence?

It seems to work out of the box, but maybe I don't understand your question:

#+LABEL: defn:my-great-definition
#+ATTR_LATEX: :options [My Great Definition]
#+begin_definition
Blah blah.....
#+end_definition

#+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp
(org-export-as 'latex)
#+END_SRC

#+results:
#+begin_example
% Created 2014-08-21 Do 20:48
\documentclass[11pt]{article}
\usepackage[utf8]{inputenc}
\usepackage[T1]{fontenc}
\usepackage{fixltx2e}
\usepackage{graphicx}
\usepackage{longtable}
\usepackage{float}
\usepackage{wrapfig}
\usepackage{rotating}
\usepackage[normalem]{ulem}
\usepackage{amsmath}
\usepackage{textcomp}
\usepackage{marvosym}
\usepackage{wasysym}
\usepackage{amssymb}
\usepackage{hyperref}
\tolerance=1000
\author{Thorsten Jolitz}
\date{\today}
\title{}
\hypersetup{
 pdfkeywords={},
  pdfsubject={},
  pdfcreator={Emacs 24.3.1 (Org mode 8.3beta)}}
\begin{document}

\tableofcontents

\section{--text follows this line--}
\label{sec-1}
"Stephen J. Barr" <address@hidden> writes:

> I have a document that has a lot of definitions defined as custom
> blocks, eg.
>
>     \#+LABEL: defn:my-great-definition
>     \#+ATTR\(_{\text{LATEX}}\): :options [My Great Definition]
>     \#+begin\(_{\text{definition}}\)
>     Blah blah\ldots{}..
>     \#+end\(_{\text{definition}}\)
>

> Would it be possible to export to .tex a file that has all of the
> definitions in sequence?

It seems to work out of the box, but maybe I don't understand your question:

\begin{definition}[My Great Definition]
\label{defn:my-great-definition}
Blah blah\ldots{}..
\end{definition}