Re: [O] How to get cookies working with TODOs?

From: Eric Abrahamsen
Subject: Re: [O] How to get cookies working with TODOs?
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2014 08:19:24 +0800

Sharon Kimble <address@hidden> writes:

> I'm trying to get cookies working with TODO items. The source document
> is a book I'm writing and is an outline of each section and chapters so
> that I can see what is still to be done. I'm writing it in latex but
> doing the outline in orgs-mode.
>
> * TODO CHAPTER 1 - preface [0%]
> ** DONE Disclaimer
> CLOSED: [2014-07-30 Wed 23:49]
> ** DONE Introduction
> CLOSED: [2014-07-30 Wed 23:50]
>

> Following "5.5 Breaking tasks down into subtasks" in the "org.pdf" I
> should be able to 'C-c C-c' on the cookie and it updates the cookie,
> except it doesn't work in this case. There are 5 sections which are all
> completed in this chapter, but the cookie doesn't update.
>
> * TODO CHAPTER 2 - preamble [0/11] [0%]
> :PROPERTIES:
> :COOKIE_DATA: todo recursive
> :END:
> ** DONE An overview of the endocrine system
> CLOSED: [2014-07-31 Thu 02:12]
>
> Like it shows on page 55. But the cookie doesn't update either in this case.

Hmm, I just tried your example above, and it worked just fine. I didn't
even need to hit C-c C-c, just adding TODOs and toggling their state
updated the cookie automatically. I'm using Org-mode version 8.3beta
(release_8.3beta-232-g644e60 @ /home/eric/.emacs.d/org-mode/lisp/)

Are you using a relatively recent Org?

Eric