Re: [O] Orgmode/Koma script letter

From: Rasmus
Subject: Re: [O] Orgmode/Koma script letter
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2014 10:22:50 +0200

Hi Vikas,

Vikas Rawal <address@hidden> writes:

> I am trying to create a custom template for my letterhead. The
> documentation suggests that by default title should be used as subject
> of the letter.

Cool.  Let us know how it goes.

> ox-koma-letter.el has this:
> (defcustom org-koma-letter-subject-format t
>   "Use the title as the subject of the letter.

That's a bug in the documentation, if anything.  The rest of the
docstring is fine.  It gives you a mean of formatting the subject
line, e.g. center it and make it bold.

I'll correct it later.

I'm kind of busy now, but check the docstring of
`org-koma-letter-use-title' and `org-koma-letter-prefer-subject'.
Hopefully setting the latter to non-nil will give you what you want.

> Byt when I export a file,
>
> #+TITLE: A simple letter
>
> is exported as
>
> \setkomavar{title}{A simple letter}
>
> rather than as
>
> \setkomavar{subject}{A simple letter}
>
> Accordingly, title appears separately as a badly formatted title.
>
> If I have a separate #+Subject: line, that is correctly exported as a subject.

This is a feature.

> Is there something wrong in what I am doing or is there a problem?

I don't think there is a code bug.  There is a potentially a
documentation bug in the first line of the doc string you mentioned.

> Org version: Org-mode version 8.3beta (release_8.3beta-167-g003edd @
> /Users/vikas/.emacs.d/src/org/lisp/)

Hope it helps,
Rasmus