Re: [O] R code block produces only partial output

From: Aaron Ecay
Subject: Re: [O] R code block produces only partial output
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2014 20:13:28 -0400

Hi Achim,

2014ko abuztuak 17an, Achim Gratz-ek idatzi zuen:
> I take it you've never dealt with a corporate IT department.  Go to
> dilbert.com and do a search for "Mordac" to get an idea what you'd be up
> against.

I’ve read Dilbert, and am familiar with the Mordac character.

R is capable of installing packages to a user-specified directory,
without requiring root or any other special privileges.  So IT cannot
literally prevent R users from installing their own packages; the
requirement must rather come as a statement of policy.  I’d like to
understand more about how such regimes work and how org could work
with them, ideally from people who have direct experience with them.

Otherwise, it would be disappointing if the fear that an unidentifiable
somebody somewhere might not be able to install R packages derailed the
improvement of babel’s R support.

Thanks,

--
Aaron Ecay