Re: [O] where Babel looks for binaries?

From: Achim Gratz
Subject: Re: [O] where Babel looks for binaries?
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2014 20:14:11 +0200

Steven Arntson writes:
> I've stumbled straight into another issue. ly-tangle now works, but when
> I try to invoke lilypond-mode in my org document by typing C-c ' in a
> code block, I now get:
>
> Language mode `lilypond-mode' fails with: "Cannot open load file"

This tells you that you haven't lilypond-mode installed or your Emacs
can't find it.  Lilypond is not a standard mode that gets delivered with
Emacs, you have to install it seperately.  Since you said it worked
earlier for you, do

M-x locate-library lilypond-mode

in the _old_ Emacs installation to find out where it is installed, then
copy it over to where the new Emacs is looking for it.

> I did "which lilypond" in the terminal and retrieved the path
> "/usr/local/bin/lilypond" and replaced that in my init.el, viz:
>
> (setq ly-nix-ly-path "/usr/local/bin/lilypond")
>
> After this, "ly-tangle" still works perfectly, and C-c ' still doesn't.

This doesn't have anything to do with the issue you're having.

> On a hunch, I went to look at "org-babel-load-languages," but the
> customize interface here doesn't seem to offer the ability to change
> where the system looks for the language.

You don't need to look there, either.

Regards,
Achim.