Re: [O] how to org-refile-region?

From: Peter Salazar
Subject: Re: [O] how to org-refile-region?
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2014 19:33:53 -0400

Again, ideally this functionality would be independent of the org-agenda files used by org-refile, so as to avoid displaying irrelevant headings as possible targets.

Currently this is doable by doing:
1. select text
2. cut
3. other-window
4. navigate to desired target heading
5. paste text
6. other window

The proposed new function would make this much more efficient:
1. select text
2. org-refile-region
3. choose target

The most useful form of this would allow you to choose a target from among any currently open documents. My use case involves selecting text from one buffer and refiling it from among org-headings in another buffer, i.e. moving text from a source document displayed in one window and refiling to targets within the hierarchy of a target document displayed in another window, like so:

http://i.imgur.com/E729fCQ.png

Does anyone have ideas for how to implement?