Re: [O] Some thoughts on MobileOrg and its development ....

From: Alexis
Subject: Re: [O] Some thoughts on MobileOrg and its development ....
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2014 12:45:56 +1000

Ashton Kemerling writes:

> I can say for certain that we would have to figure out the handoff of
> various credentials from the old maintainers (who I am assuming would
> not like to continue being maintainers) for the respective app-stores
> and Dropbox tokens.

Not necessarily. One could, for example, create an entirely new project
on GitHub called 'MobileOrgRebooted', and create entirely new apps in
the respective stores using that name. (As it is, there's not a
uniformly named app in any case - we have 'MobileOrg' for iOS, and
'MobileOrg-Android' for, well, Android.) And it certainly seems to me
that it would be best to start the actual coding of the reboot /first/,
and only worry about naming rights issues if and when it takes
off. Doing otherwise is likely to bring into play another possible
obstacle to getting actual implementation happening.

Alexis.