Re: [O] babel: ob-C with Visual C++ and compilation-mode

From: Ernesto Durante
Subject: Re: [O] babel: ob-C with Visual C++ and compilation-mode
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2014 16:24:47 +0200

Thierry Banel <address@hidden> writes:

> Le 04/08/2014 18:16, Ernesto Durante a écrit :
>> One suggestion. It will be nice to put the error buffer in
>> compilation-mode, this way errors are highlighted and we can jump
>> directly into the source code. I modified org-babel-eval to launch the
>> compilation mode in case of errors. I also removed the read-only
>> attribute, else the buffer content of org-babel-error-buffer-name cannot
>> be erased.
> The compilation mode is a very good idea !
> I tried it.
>

>> Clearly, it's not a good patch because org-babel-eval seems to be
>> a core function in babel. Maybe for ob-C, this function should be
>> replaced by a new function.
> It works well for C++, D, Dot
> It fails for Perl, R, Elisp
> But when it fails, it does not do any harm: the behavior is as before.
> So... I vote for your patch.

Hi Thierry,

Thanks you but I don't know who is responsible to apply the patch.
As you are a contributor and author of ob-C, maybe you know how to proceed.

I have identified a minor bug. When a source code block has the mode
cpp, we cannot expand the code or more precisely the code is not
expanded in the correct way because the following function is missing

(defun org-babel-expand-body:cpp (body params)
  "Execute BODY according to PARAMS.This function calls
`org-babel-expand-body:C++'."
  (org-babel-expand-body:C++ body params))

Best
Ernesto