[O] Feature request: copy cell contents into kill ring

From: Andrea Rossetti
Subject: [O] Feature request: copy cell contents into kill ring
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2014 00:54:56 +0200

Hello everone,

  copying a table cell (C-c C-x M-w) uses a private clipboard, as stated
by the `org-table-copy-region' docstring. Sometimes it's handy to paste
a cell's text into something that isn't an org-table (my use case was:
record a macro to perform some silly updates in bbdb, once per table row).

  My quick-and-dirty solution was the following:

  but I believe a "copy cell to kill ring" would be a nice Org feature
to add (maybe bound to C-u C-c C-x M-w). Before digging any further,
may I please ask for opinions and advice: would it make sense for you
too? not worth it? or is this already possible with some different
keystroke?

  Thanks in advance, kindest regards.

  Andrea