Re: [O] Two potentially useful functions for org-element

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] Two potentially useful functions for org-element
Date: Fri, 08 Aug 2014 10:03:37 +0200

Hello,

Thorsten Jolitz <address@hidden> writes:

> now that I understand the 'org-element API' a bit better, I think that
> the following two functions can be very useful for creating and
> modifying Org elements without the usual point movements, regexp
> searches and string operations in a buffer:

Element isn't really meant to provide tools to modify the buffer. It is
only a parser, i.e. buffer to parse tree transformation.

The reciprocal, i.e., modifying a parse tree in order to alter the
buffer may belong to another library. IIRC, this is the goal of
"org-sync" (from GSOC 2012). You may want to look into it.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou