Re: [O] (Maybe) enhance `org-element-src-block-interpreter'?

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] (Maybe) enhance `org-element-src-block-interpreter'?
Date: Wed, 06 Aug 2014 14:32:04 +0200

Thorsten Jolitz <address@hidden> writes:

> I see, thanks. I'm still getting used to the 'org-element API', but it
> seems to be much easier than I thought: just use `org-element-at-point' and
> `org-element-interpret-data' in most cases ...

Correct.

For completeness, if you're working at the local level (i.e. with
`org-element-at-point'), available accessors are

  - `org-element-type'
  - `org-element-property'

When you're working at the global level (i.e. with
`org-element-parse-buffer'), you get another accessor,
`org-element-contents', and some tools to modify the parse tree

  - `org-element-put-property'
  - `org-element-adopt-element'
  - `org-element-insert-before'
  - `org-element-extract-element'
  - `org-element-set-element'

In both cases, `org-element-interpret-data' is the only way to turn data
back into Org syntax.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou