Re: [O] How to change color of (part of) agenda header

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] How to change color of (part of) agenda header
Date: Tue, 05 Aug 2014 18:08:18 -0400

Sebastien Vauban <address@hidden>
writes:

> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to get part of the agenda header in another color, here
> "TODAY":
>
>   (add-to-list 'org-agenda-custom-commands
>                `("f" "Today"
>                  (;; list of all TODO entries with deadline today
>                   (tags-todo "DEADLINE=\"<+0d>\""
>                              ((org-agenda-overriding-header
>                                (concat "DUE " #("TODAY" 0 4 (face
> (:foreground "red")))))
>                               (org-agenda-skip-function
>                                '(org-agenda-skip-entry-if 'notdeadline)))))
>                  ((org-agenda-format-date ""))) t)
>
> The goal is to make what's unique and different from the next agenda
> blocks very outstanding.
>
> Though, it does not work: text is simply copied, as if text properties
> did not exist.
>
> Am I missing something, or writing it in a buggy way?

The limits should be 0 and 5 to get the whole word, but that's not the
problem here: if you do C-c a f to display the agenda and then do C-u
C-x = on (say) the T of "Today", you will see that the face is
org-agenda-structure. Doing a grep for that in the org lisp directory
will quickly lead you to this:

,----
|         (if org-agenda-overriding-header
|             (insert (org-add-props (copy-sequence
org-agenda-overriding-header)
|                         nil 'face 'org-agenda-structure) "\n")
`----

so it doesn't matter what face property the header had to begin with:
what is inserted into the buffer is given a different face property.

--
Nick