Re: [O] numbering figure in html ?

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] numbering figure in html ?
Date: Tue, 05 Aug 2014 08:43:15 -0400

Joseph Vidal-Rosset <address@hidden> writes:

> The following code works correctly to export into LaTeX, but the
> caption function fails in html. But caption works in html when it is
> above a table written in org-mode.

> #+LaTeX_CLASS: org-article
> #+LaTeX_CLASS_OPTIONS: [koma,a4paper,11pt]
> #+LaTeX_CLASS_OPTIONS: [times]
> #+LANGUAGE: en
> #+LATEX_HEADER: \usepackage{tikz}
> #+LaTeX_CLASS_OPTIONS: [captions=tableheading]
>
> #+CAPTION: Classical square of opposition
> #+BEGIN_FIGURE
> \begin{tikzpicture}
> \end{tikzpicture}
> #+END_FIGURE

Yes, tables and source blocks handle captions in the HTML exporter, but
special blocks (which #+(BEGIN|END)_FIGURE is) don't. Captions for special
blocks *are* handled correctly in the latex exporter. This shouldn't be
too hard to fix: just copy the caption code from org-html-table to
org-html-special-block, but I won't have time to try it today. And then
there is the question of other exporters...

--
Nick