Re: [O] [RFC] Rewrite `org-entry-properties' using parser

From: John Kitchin
Subject: Re: [O] [RFC] Rewrite `org-entry-properties' using parser
Date: Sun, 03 Aug 2014 14:59:02 -0400

I have used the following approaches in the past:

Lisp lists, and use read later to get them.
* Some heading
  :PROPERTIES:
  :SUBJECT:  '(subject1 subject2 subject3)
  :END:

#+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp
(read (org-entry-get (point) "SUBJECT"))
#+END_SRC

#+RESULTS:
| quote | (subject1 subject2 subject3) |

* Second heading
  :PROPERTIES:
  :SUBJECT:  subject1 subject2 subject3
  :END:

delimited strings. You have to split them them yourself later if you
are using the properties in code. You can delimit on spaces, commas, etc...
depending on your subjects.

#+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp
(split-string (org-entry-get (point) "SUBJECT"))
#+END_SRC

#+RESULTS:
| subject1 | subject2 | subject3 |

They are both pretty flexible.