Re: [O] processing lines before display to agenda

From: Joe Corneli
Subject: Re: [O] processing lines before display to agenda
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2014 18:19:44 +0100

Bastien <address@hidden> writes:

> I would simply hack the agenda display through a function in
> `org-agenda-finalize-hook'.
>
> You'd rather hide 10 priority cookies from there instead of letting
> `org-agenda-format-item' process possibly thousands of entries.

Thanks for the tip!  I already use that for something else similar, it's
funny that it didn't occur to me here.  Will copy and modify my own
code:

~~

;; Right-justifying tags in the agenda buffer
(add-hook 'org-finalize-agenda-hook 'place-agenda-tags)
(defun place-agenda-tags ()
  "Put the agenda tags by the right border of the agenda window."
  (let ((org-agenda-tags-column (- 4 (window-width))))
    (org-agenda-align-tags)))

~~

Cheers,
Joe