Re: [O] Enabling another language in org-babel

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [O] Enabling another language in org-babel
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2014 15:20:09 +0200

Hi Ista,

Ista Zahn <address@hidden> writes:

> I don't know if this is ready for contrib yet (though I don't object
> if you think it is). I'm not sure what quality standards exist for
> contrib, but this is really quick and dirty; it would be nice to at
> least implement graphics support. On the other hand its better than
> nothing, so maybe it does make sense to add it to contrib.

Yes, it makes sense to add it to contrib, it will help others step up
and improve the code if needed.

> Also I'm not sure what the development process is once things go in
> contrib (sorry for my ignorance!). Does contrib live in the same code
> repository as the rest of org, or are things in contrib developed
> separately and pulled in later?

contrib/ lives in the same Git repository than the rest of Org (which
is arguably a problem).  So everything is developed at the same place.

Once you send me your public key, I'll grant you write access to the
repository and you can push commits.

> In short feel free to add it to contrib if you want, but be aware that
> it is  in pretty rough shape.

Please provide a separate commit on the list for this piece of code,
so that we can review it and commit it.  And if you want to get push
access, please send me your public key.

Thanks!

--
 Bastien