Re: [O] beginner agenda question

From: Eric Abrahamsen
Subject: Re: [O] beginner agenda question
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2014 10:11:38 +0800

Steven Arntson <address@hidden> writes:

> Simple question, I think, but it has me stumped. I'm wondering what
> variable controls the org-agenda function that gives you upcoming
> events, a la:
>
>   todo:       In   2 d.:  TODO Friend's Birthday
>   todo:       In   4 d.:  TODO Rehearsal
>   todo:       In   4 d.:  TODO Happy Hour
>   todo:       In   9 d.:  TODO Some other thing
>
> I'd like to get rid of all of that, actually. For me, it clutters things
> up too much.
>
> Thank you!
> steven

It looks like you've put a DEADLINE cookie on those events -- the
advance warning only kicks in in that case, if I recall correctly. For
plain old events (birthdays, doctors appointments, etc), it's often best
just to use a regular old timestamp, so:

* Rehearsal <2014-07-28 Mon>

Or you can put the timestamp on the line below the headline.

HTH,
Eric