Re: [O] Beamer export: can't get frame level right

From: Gabor Retvari
Subject: Re: [O] Beamer export: can't get frame level right
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2014 11:58:37 +0200

Hi,

On Monday 14 July 2014 08:29:40 Josiah Schwab wrote:
> Which export command are you using?
>
> I think you may be using the regular LaTeX exporter.  Adding beamer to
> your LaTeX_CLASS is not sufficient (or necessary).  Rather, you want to
> use the Beamer export commands.
>
> http://orgmode.org/manual/Beamer-export.html

Thanks a lot, org-beamer-export-to-pdf seems to solve this issue.

Interestingly, C-c C-e l P (thank you John for the tip) does not work by
default as org-export-dispatch does not seem to know about beamer specific
export commands initially. Only after running org-beamer-export-to-pdf once the
beamer specific export options show up in the dispatcher's list. Strange.

Anyways, it would be nice to have this behavior better documented. Maybe a huge
warning in the tutorial saying "Use beamer export options, standard LaTeX
export will screw up your slide structure!" or somesuch. I see now that the
tutorial mentions that "tutorials and references available for both org-mode
itself, for LaTeX exporting, and for Beamer Class Export", but the link to the
"Beamer Class Export" document does not quite work.

http://orgmode.org/worg/exporters/beamer/tutorial.html

Again, thank you for the help, it really is appreciated.

Regards,
Gabor