Re: [O] lists with a , b, c, or i, ii, iii ...

From: Joseph Vidal-Rosset
Subject: Re: [O] lists with a , b, c, or i, ii, iii ...
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2014 16:23:42 +0200

orry, that variable is obsolete (although it should still work for
now).  I should have pointed you to the modern version instead:

org-list-allow-alphabetical

Note the caveat in the doc:

,----
| This variable needs to be set before org.el is loaded.  If you
| need to make a change while Emacs is running, use the customize
| interface or run the following code after updating it:
|
|   (when (featurep 'org-element) (load "org-element" t t))
`----

I tried it and it works:

  a. foo - press M-RET
  b. bar

Do not apologize, I have noticed that the variable was obsolete and I have tried to customize the new variable. I have even written the code
(when (featurep 'org-element) (load "org-element" t t))  in my init.el  (which is too big and really a mess), and it doe not work either...

Do not waste more time than me on this small problem which certainly comes from my init.el...

Best regards,

Jo.