Re: [O] An Org centric research lab: Goodbye MS word, excel, and powerpo

From: Detlef Steuer
Subject: Re: [O] An Org centric research lab: Goodbye MS word, excel, and powerpoint
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2014 09:16:11 +0200

Am Wed, 9 Jul 2014 22:37:12 +0000
schrieb "Doyley, Marvin M." <address@hidden>:

>  I notice that you prefer to use python rather than matlab. Is there
> a reason  for this ? Matlab is free at my institution so cost  is not
> an issue.

"Free" here, too.

But we prefer R for Data Analysis, not at least because it is OS agnostic.

Furthermore, when I was a student myself, I *hated* to be forced into
the overcrowded, overheated lab for programming. Now everybody can choose to
programm at home, in the lab, on the train or on the beach. (Ok, the last one
is not too important most of the time over here, but today it would be an
alternative.)

Have a nice summer

Detlef