[O] Basic Literate Program

From: Jacob Gerlach
Subject: [O] Basic Literate Program
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2014 17:31:39 -0400

Hi List,

I only became aware of literate programming through org and have been
looking for a chance to try it out. I need to write a small command
line utility that parses through a plain text log file and performs
some operations, which I think is a reasonably simple use case for me
to try out this new method.

I have the basics of the program outlined in org mode already, and
envision simply adding SRC blocks to each list item. Tangling the org
file and compiling the result will give me my program.

I have several questions:
- Does this sound like a reasonable use case and approach?
- I am writing this program in C++. I believe that I can interweave
  SRC blocks with different header arguments so that they tangle to my
  .h file and .cpp file as appropriate. Is this correct?
- I may need to share the tangled cpp files with colleagues. Are there
  any ways to control the sequence of code in the resulting files
  other than the sequence of SRC blocks in org mode?
- On a related note, are there any tools to take org content from
  outside the SRC blocks and tangle it into comments in the C++ files?

Thanks,
Jake