[O] Tables of contents for individual sections wanted -- will donate

From: D. C. Toedt
Subject: [O] Tables of contents for individual sections wanted -- will donate
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2014 13:51:15 -0500

Hi all --

BACKGROUND:  I've been using org-mode to develop the Common Draft annotated collection of business contract clauses, in part for the law school course in contract drafting that I teach to third-year law students.  I've been posting the collection as a Creative Commons document at http://www.CommonDraft.org, and plan to expand and maintain it.

QUESTION:  I'm currently using a single, multi-level table of contents (TOC) at the beginning of the document.  That ends up being a lot to scroll through to get to the first chapter.  I'd like instead to have:
EXAMPLE of the desired capability:

[book title:] COMMON DRAFT:  Business Contract Clauses, Annotated and Explained

SUMMARY OF CONTENTS

1.  Definitions & Usages

2.  Arbitration

3.  Assignment of Agreement

[etc.]

ART. 1.  DEFINITIONS & USAGES

TABLE OF CONTENTS

1.1  Affiliate Status

1.2  Agreement Definition

[etc.]

1.1  Affiliate Status

Two entities are affiliates if one of them controls, is controlled by, or is under common control of the other, where "control" refers ....

1.2  Agreement Definition

The term "this Agreement" refers to this signed document as well as its exhibits, appendixes, annexes, .....

​Suggestions?  ​If it can't currently be done in org-mode but can be implemented, I'd donate US$100.00 to the org-mode support fund if someone were to come up with and publish a working solution.  As for doing it myself in e-lisp, I'm just scratching the surface of e-lisp, so it's not something I could undertake at this juncture.

Regards,

--D. C.

Dell Charles "D. C." Toedt III  (my last name is pronounced "Tate"
Attorney and neutral arbitrator -- tech contracts and intellectual property
​Editor, ​​​Common Draft project:  Model contract term sheets & clauses, annotated
address@hidden     LinkedIn: dctoedt    Calendar (redacted)
O: +1 (713) 364-6545    C: +1 (713) 516-8968
​​

Houston, Texas (Central time zone)

Unless expressly stated otherwise, this message is not intended
to serve as an electronic signature nor as assent to an agreement.