Re: [O] org-ref in action

From: Thomas S. Dye
Subject: Re: [O] org-ref in action
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2014 21:37:53 -1000

Aloha Xebar,

Xebar Saram <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi all
>
> off topic a bit again. im an academic (asst. prof) in Epidemiology and have
> been using org-mode for about a year now. i love using org but im really
> not very technical at all. it has always been a dream for me to ditch word
> and move over to Latex and even better orgmode to write my scientific
> publications, writing my CV etc.
> The problem is i cant really find a good "for dummies" guide on how to
> really get started. again im really not technical so i always give up
> really fast on this.
>
> Do you guys think i should give it a shot (again not very technical :)) and
> if so what would be the steps/guides to follow? perhaps start by drafting a
> CV since thats perhaps easier?

I wrote an Org mode template for a PLOS One journal article:
http://orgmode.org/worg/exporters/plos-one-template-worg.html

It uses asynchronous export that gets initialized with a file that is
tangled from the template.  This should get you past the common problem
of unexpected results because of "something in your setup."  Because it
is a self-contained project, it might be easier to understand what needs
to be done to use Org mode to write scientific papers.

hth,
Tom

--
Thomas S. Dye