Re: [O] Orgtbl-mode in latex: escaped braces and dollars, and other arbi

From: Thibaut Verron
Subject: Re: [O] Orgtbl-mode in latex: escaped braces and dollars, and other arbitrary transformations
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2014 14:22:13 +0200

Now, are these "limitations of Org" really preventing it from exporting a string verbatim? That would seem like the most logical default in this situation, wouldn't it? (Disclaimer: I don't "understand the limitations of Org", so these last questions may be ridiculous to someone who does)

Apparently not, the following quick attempt seems to be doing the job fine enough:

  (defun tv/orgtbl-to-latex-verbatim (table params)
    (flet ((org-export-string-as
            (string backend &optional b e)
            string))
     (orgtbl-to-latex table params)))

However, it is extra dirty, and ignoring so many parameters in a function is probably not safe. :-)
Is there really no similar mechanism built-in org? Should I polish this function and submit a patch? Or am I running into a wall?

Thanks,

Thibaut Verron