Re: [O] still seeing semi-regular lockups

From: Matt Lundin
Subject: Re: [O] still seeing semi-regular lockups
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2014 23:09:14 -0500

Eric Abrahamsen <address@hidden> writes:

> Nicolas Goaziou <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> Eric Abrahamsen <address@hidden> writes:
>>
>>> None of those three, I'm afraid! It was hanging on a variety of editing
>>> operations that, as far as I can tell, had little in common. There's a
>>> possibility that they were list-item-related, but really there wasn't
>>> much commonality.
>>
>> FYI, I recently fixed a bug[fn:1] that could introduce uncommon random
>> lockups. Hopefully, it may be related to your problem (which is
>> different from Daimrod's).
>
> Thanks for the followup! I was watching Daimrod's thread, and also
> Matt's most recent posting -- that also seemed more relevant to my
> problems, which were almost solely confined to log/state notes. I've
> pulled the fix, and will let you know if I see any more problems.

With the latest git, I've experienced three lock-ups/freezes this
evening when a) archiving a subtree to a file, b) changing a todo state
with repeating timestamp, and 3) calling C-c C-c in an org-capture
buffer. (I don't think this is due to a recent change - I've been
running into these lockups sporadically for several months.)

The freezes are very difficult to replicate reliably. When they happen,
emacs is unresponsive and can only be killed from the outside. Any tips
on how to debug this would be greatly appreciated.

Matt